Tuesday, February 4, 2014

LinkedIn Updates



Catalog Cover Illustration BE Publishing
Cover Illustration Pearson Education

This morning I spent time updating my LinkedIn account and trying to educate myself on LinkedIn's best practices.  It is quite intimidating to be operating within all of this social media and not knowing what is proper etiquette for each and every site.  I have fears of irritating someone and tarnishing any reputation I may have established. 

My first impression is that you need to use caution when utilizing blatant self promotion. What I have found is that LinkedIn is more for stealth marketing and promotion(?)  You are better off by participating in discussions and making people aware of you through that forum than contacting members directly. I'm still trying to figure it all out, however, I do know that today's vast landscape of digital media allows one to connect in ways beyond comprehension.

Stay safe, create daily and be attuned to change!

No comments:

Post a Comment